GLOBUS 2018: Best of Norway with Oslo (ZME)
8 days from Oslo to Oslo
Deep-blue fjords, breathtaking mountains, glimmering glaciers, and flowing waterfalls all await you on this Norway guided tour. A highlight of this Norway escorted tour is a breathtaking ride on the Flam railway - one of the world's most scenic train rides - passing through 20 tunnels to an elevation of 2,833 feet (864 m.). This out-of-the-ordinary experience invites you to witness hypnotic waterfalls cascading down the side of steep, snowcapped mountains, rivers winding through deep gorges, farms on the side of steep slopes, and views of Sognefjord - Norway's longest fjord. Another unique experience is your stay at the historic Hotel Ullensvang, which offers views over Hardangerfjord - the world's fourth-largest fjord. Travel on the Hardanger National Tourist Road through some of Norway's most stunning scenery, and stop at Steinsdalsfoss waterfall with the chance to walk behind the cascading waterfall ? without getting wet!In addition to breathtaking scenery, Norway also offers you a country steeped in history. Only 28 of Norway' wooden stave churches - built in the Middle Ages - still remain. In Borgund, you'll see one of Norway's best-preserved stave churches dating back to 1180. Stay two nights in Bergen, founded in 1070, where you'll enjoy a guided walking tour. In Bergen, the Floibanen funicular offers magnificent views of Bergen and the fjords.From the magnificent scenery to the vibrant cities - including a train ride to Oslo - this guided tour through Norway is sure to delight all of your senses and remain in your cherished memories for years to come.
Call (636) 391-1000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884169
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Oslo||Welcome to Oslo, ancient capital of Norway! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Oslo||Today gives you a proper introduction to Oslo, the country's hub of trade and industry. Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, considered the home for Ibsen's plays; the unique Storting building, seat of Parliament; and the Royal Palace, residence of Norwegian monarchs since 1849. Stroll through magnificent FROGNER PARK with Gustav Vigeland's extraordinary sculptures; and visit the CITY HALL, where the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony is held each year. Afterwards, an optional excursion is available to see relics of Norway's glorious seafaring past-including 1,000-year-old Viking ships! (B)|
|Day 3||Flam||Depart the city and drive northwest through Hallingdal, a large valley with rich traditions in iron production, cattle trade, and typical folk art, music, and dance. Marvel at the Borgund stave church, dating back to 1180. Then, travel through the world's longest road tunnel (15 miles) to Aurland, and arrive in the picturesque village of Flam, situated at the head of Aurlandsfjord. You may wish to join an exciting optional cruise on the famous Naeroyfjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Hardangerfjord||This morning, experience a breathtaking ride on the [LF] FLAM RAILWAY, which passes through 20 tunnels and climbs to an elevation of2,833 feet. Along the way, stop for pictures at Kjosfossen waterfall. At Myrdal mountain station, change trains and continue on the scenic Bergen Railway to Voss. Here, board your coach and head south, crossing Hardanger Bridge, one of the longest suspension bridges in the world. Continue along the shore and arrive at the historic [LF] Ullensvang Hotel in its idyllic setting between the mountains and the Hardangerfjord. It was here that composer Edvard Grieg wrote his most famous pieces-and his cabin still stands in the hotel gardens. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Bergen||Nature's splendor is on full display today, as you travel south around Sorfjord and then north to the peaceful village of Utne. Cross the fjord by ferry, and continue your journey on the Hardanger National Tourist Road to Norheimsund and stop at the majestic Steinsdalsfoss waterfall, where a trail leads you behind the cascading falls without getting wet. Later, arrive in lovely Bergen, the 'City of Seven Mountains.' An orientation drive introduces you to this city that was founded in 1070. See Bergenhus Fortress with its medieval Hakon's Hall and Rosenkrantz Tower; the charming Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the harbor; and the famous Fish Market. Tonight, why not sample regional dishes at a traditional restaurant? (B)|
|Day 6||Bergen||Step back in time and explore Bryggen on a guided walking tour, along narrow, cobblestone alleyways past colorful wooden houses. Also see the 12th-century St. Mary's Church, where Hanseatic merchants attended religious services until the 1870s. For a bird's-eye view of Bergen and its magnificent surroundings, [LF] ride the Floibanen funicular up to Mount Floyen. Tonight, celebrate your unforgettable vacation at a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Oslo||You will be transferred by TRAIN to Oslo. (B).|
|Day 8||Oslo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$493Triple room reduction per person:$62Extra nights per person in Oslo:pre tour: in single room $169-$203, in twin $101-$119, in triple $82-$93post tour: in single room $153-$215, in twin $105-$133, in triple $112-$131
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).